The American Legion Riders Chapter 31
A Unit of the American Legion Post 31 Family
Preamble to the American Legion Riders Constitution
For God and Country, we associate ourselves as members of the American Legion Family, constituting the American Legion Riders for the following purposes:
As riders we are sworn to uphold and live by these sacred words.
We are proud to do so.
:- To uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America;
- To maintain law and order;
- To foster and perpetuate a one hundred percent Americanism;
- To preserve the memories and incidents of our associations in the great wars;
- To inculcate a sense of individual obligation to the community, state and nation;
- To combat the autocracy of both the classes and the masses;
- To make right the master of might;
- To promote peace and goodwill on Earth;
- To safeguard and transmit to posterity the principles of justice, freedom and democracy;
- To participate in parades and other ceremonies which are in keeping with the aims and purposes of the American Legion;
- To promote motorcycle safety education programs and to provide a social atmosphere for American Legion Family members with the same motorcycle interests;
- To consecrate and sanctify our association by our devotion to mutual helpfulness.